Thursday, September 17, 2009

Omission

Last night at Bible Study, our pastor pointed out an area in which David fell into sin that I had never noticed before. David did not fulfill his obligation as King when he failed to go to the battlefield with the rest of his men, therefore David committed the sin of omission.

And yes, using the term "sin of omission" is my attempt at being scholarly

Ahhh, I digress.

The sin of omission is not doing what we ought to do when it is in our ability to do it. When we see a brother or sister in need, we have the ability to meet those needs yet we don't do it. That is the sin of omission. As I thought about this sin that David committed, the sin of omission, I began to see the areas in my own life where I committ the same sin.

Applicably as well, are the more practical issues of life. God has made us stewards of our time, our money and our talents. When we don't do those things we ought to do, such as set up a budget or manage our time properly we reap the consequences or our actions. Debt and missed deadlines ensue.

But God in His great mercy always sends us forms of warning, that if we don't ignore, will help to bring us to repentance and place us back on track.

No comments: